We’d like to share an important update from our partner Building Ukraine Together (BUR) about how they have adapted their activities to support internally displaced persons (IDPs) since the russian invasion of Ukraine on February 24th 2022.
Thousands of displaced families are in need of your help. Schools and community halls are being made available, but there is an immediate need for basic items – beds blankets, cooking utensils, and personal hygiene products. You can support BUR’s work by donating below. As a Razom partner, these donations are 501(c)3 deductible.
BUR’s key areas of operation right now are:
- Cooperating with organizations to meet the needs of their volunteers who are at the forefront of defending Ukrainian freedom.
- Communicating with volunteers who remain in the combat zone about humanitarian needs and evolving situation in the country.
- Organizing the logistics of delivering supplies from Lviv to different Ukrainian cities.
In the early days of the full-scale war, Razom issued a $50,000 grant to support this work. Below is an overview of how those funds were used:
- Procuring and delivering humanitarian aid – ranging from food, medicines, to sleeping bags – in Lviv, Kharkiv, Skadovsk and Kherson.
- Preparing and delivering food for territorial defense units (civilian volunteers) and hospitals in Kharkiv.
- Vehicle rentals for the transportation of this aid and evacuations of civilians (specifically from Kharkiv to Dnipro).
- Purchasing of chainsaws for territorial defense units (civilian volunteers) and Emergency Services of Kharkiv to dismantle debris from the destruction and rescue people from rubble.
You can find updates from BUR on their social media:
Building Ukraine Together (BUR) is a program of the “Ukrainian Educational Platform“, which creates opportunities for youth to make changes in their country through volunteering. Ukrainian Educational Platform is a charitable organization (2000-2021 – Lviv Education Foundation). It has impacted positive change with more than 10 years of experience in social transformations. They believe in Ukraine, they unite, educate, and support people with leadership potential who create vibrant local communities through volunteer, educational, and social projects.